Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crisp Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
Browsing recipes for cookies we found this one and had to try it.  I love crispy chewy cookies.  Could the recipe really be true, is it possible to have a perfectly balanced, super yummy crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle cookie?  The first thing we noticed is the dough is absolutely my favorite dough that we have ever made.  It's outstanding.  And when we got to the baking, well all the hype is true!  These cookies are amazing.  I only wanted a few for each of us.  So I scooped the extra dough on a cookie sheet and froze for about two hours.  Then I transferred to a freezer bag.  Now the cookies are ready for me to bake another day or pop on out for some raw cookie dough goodness.

Recipe Modifications
  • I used pasteurized eggs so I can safely eat the dough and the kids too!
  • I am eating milk free so I used fleishmann's unsalted margarine and milk free chocolate chips.   Think these may be even better with fresh real butter, cannot wait to try it
  • It took longer to bake then suggested in the recipe.  I've never baked at 325 and it took some extra time.  But be careful not to over bake or you will look the chewy!
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Recipe
This recipe comes from Smitten Kitchen a super yummy and fun food blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment