Friday, January 27, 2012

Snickerdoodles


Growing up I loved snickerdoodles.  I started cooking and baking at an early age and these were probably the first cookie that I mastered.  As an adult I still adore these cookies and now that I have children of my own they are even more fun to make with my "helpers". I will admit we do eat more dough than usual and I still sneak one half baked cookie out of the oven and eat it with a spoon!  Oh happy childhood memories.  This version of the recipe is much lighter than the one I started out with and lacks nothing as far as taste goes, enjoy!
Recipe Modifications
  • used pasuerized eggs 1/4 cup
  • used fleishmann's unsalted margarine
  • chilled the dough for 30 min - 1 hour before rolling
  • used 2/3 white sugar instead of 3/4 cup
  • added extra flour tablespoon at a time to compensate for margarine and less sugar
  • added extra cinnamon to rolling mixture
  • baked for a few extra minutes.  Our dough was colder and cookies slightly bigger,  I like them chewy center and crisp outside
  • used parchment paper and no cooking spray
Ingredients
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Cooking spray
Recipe
This recipe comes from my favorite source Cooking Light. Not diet food, but food that is conscious of health without losing any flavor. Food for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment