Thursday, April 12, 2012

Decorate Your Own Sugar Cookie

 
One of my favorite sugar cookie recipes is from cooking light.  I don't feel nearly as bad when I cover it in frosting and decorations!  My girls love to help bake and I almost always let them help.  Sugar cookies can be messy and they always try to eat the decorations and frosting.  So I decided to not fight it, just go with it.  They each got their own cookie, frosting and decorations.  I let them decorate however they wanted and double dip in their personal pots after tastes.  They ended up with beautiful half eaten cookies and I managed to get all the rest pretty while they were busy.  This will be a fun activity for a playdate, maybe an outdoor playdate where the ants can eat the crumbs!

Recipe Modifications
  • used pastuerized egg product
  • used fleischmann's unsalted margarine
  • used rice milk
  • we made these for St Patrick's day not easter.  Any cookie cutter or cup will work
Ingredients
Cookies:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 1/2 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg

Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons fat-free milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Food coloring (optional) 


Recipe
This recipe comes from one of my favorite sites cooking light

No comments:

Post a Comment