Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Raspberry Frosted Vanilla Mini Cupcakes

 
I picked up a subscription to Food and Wine magazine recently for my daughter's school fundraiser. I have already found several great recipes.  This cupcake just looked pretty and I knew it would have to be yummy too.  I tweaked the recipe from strawberry to raspberry and eliminated the milk products.  Instead of regular cupcakes we made mini ones.  I would guess you could use any type of berry jam.  Be careful to not add too much the frosting will get soft.  These were the perfect sweet treat to bring our dinner club and so pretty.

Recipe Modifications
  • used fleischmann's unsalted margarine
  • used vanilla rice milk
  • you can use your favorite white or cream cheese frosting recipe and just add jam to taste.  I added raspberry jam and topped with fresh raspberries instead of strawberry
  • made mini cupcakes instead of regular ones
  • frosting was a bit soft so popped in the fridge before traveling with them
Cupcake Ingredients
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
Recipe
This recipe comes from Food and Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment