Thursday, April 21, 2011

Banana Nutella Muffins

I had left over bananas and a wanted some nutella and thought wouldn't a banana nutella muffin be so good.  A quick search later and I had multiple recipes at my fingertips.  Less than an hour after that I had hot out of the oven muffins.  Don't you just love how that works!  The girls absolutely loved these and gobbled them up.  Michael is gunning for a nutella pie so he won't admit to loving anything until we make that pie ;-)  I'm now inspired to create my own banana nutella muffin that's a bit healthier so we can enjoy these all the time.  And as an added bonus I got to use my new sifter for the first time.  Prior to this I just sifted with a mesh screen used to drain fat or prevent splatters

Recipe Modifications
  • Only used 1/2 teaspoon instead of 1 teaspoon nutella for center and top of muffin.
  • Only used 1 cup of sugar.  In future would try to substitute 1/2 cup brown and 1/4 cup white, I love the taste of brown sugar with banana
Ingredients
2 ripe, mashed bananas
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Nutella

Recipe
This recipe comes from Lets Dish Recipes a food blog I just discovered.   

No comments:

Post a Comment