Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mini Sour Cream Pound Cake Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

I was looking for something not too heavy but still decadent to have after our Easter feast and decided to try out my new mini-cupcake pan.  I also got to try out my new cake decorating tips.  Birthdays can be a good thing ;-)  Adding a single colorful jellybean to the mini cupcakes gave them a spring feel and an extra treat for the little ones to enjoy.  These got rave reviews from everyone who tried them and I will for sure make these again.  They are the perfect little sweet ending to any meal.  And the ideal size for little tots that you don't want to go into sugar overload!

Recipe Modifications
  • Halfed the cupcake recipe, as an added bonus the half stick of butter and half cream cheese was just the size I needed for the frosting
  • Didn't have 16 oz package of powdered sugar so measured it out with measuring cup and added a tablespoon at a time until I got the consistency I wanted
  • Added jellybeans for a touch of spring
Ingredients Cupcakes
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream

Ingredients Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
3 to 4 Tbsp. milk

Recipe
These recipes come from Southern Living.  They have amazing desserts and baked goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment