Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Easy Crockpot Turkey Tenderloin


Doing my grocery shopping I ran across a "manager's special" markdown.  If you haven't checked these out they are items that fastly approaching the sell-by date.  I like to pick up meats that are marked down and pop them in the freezer or cook them in the next few days.  So I took my $5 turkey tenderloins and made an easy slow cooker meal.  After a day of errands and playing the meal was ready to go.  And it makes your house smell delicious!

Ingredients

  • Turkey Tenderloins
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Red Potatoes
  • White Onions
  • Garlic
  • Chicken Stock
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper

Recipe

  1. Chop  Carrots, Celery, Red Potatoes into bite size pieces.  You'll want around 1 - 2 cups of each.  The amount doesn't have to be exact.  Add to slow cooker.
  2. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.  Add to slow cooker.
  3. Add some chicken stock.  If you just want to steam the veggies add around 1/2 a cup.  If you want a soupy broth to dip bread in add more.  
  4. Place the Turkey Tenderloins on top of the veggies in the slow cooker.  Season meat and veggies with sea salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Cook on high for one hour.  Cook 5-7 hours on low.  The total time depends on the thickness of your tenderloins.  I tend to buy thicker pieces and they generally are done after 6 hours on low.

4 comments:

  1. What is the weight of the Turkey Tenderloin ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I cook on high for 1 hour then low for 5 hours. holy cow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on your slow cooker. I usually just cook on low the whole time. If the tenderloins are thinner could be done in 4 hrs but generally 5-7 hrs for me. If you are out during the day it's a good meal to be done when you arrive home

      Delete